10 Random Things You Don’t Know About Michael J. Webb
- When I was growing up ...I wanted to be a clown and make people laugh. I also loved to create fanciful stories and tell them to others. Several of the kids on the block I grew up on banded together and produced plays, mostly about kings and queens and dragons. I wrote the stories as well as acting in them. It was really quite fun, and we were very good at it. So much so, that we were able to charge a quarter to anyone who cared to attend. (Yep, I’m really dating myself with this one!)
- I once ... climbed on the Matterhorn in the Swiss Alps. Almost made it to the top, but bad weather pushed us back! It was an awesome experience, one I’d like to repeat. This time, I’d like to summit.
- I used to work as ... a paramedic and nearly delivered a baby in the back of a speeding ambulance on the way to the hospital. The woman was 20 and it was her fourth child. We were about ten minutes away with the baby started crowning. I’d never delivered a baby before and I prayed hard that this would not ruin my record.
- Every day I ... give thanks for my precious, beautiful wife. She’s the one who keeps me laughing and grounded in reality, and is my biggest supporter. Whenever my dream of becoming a full-time author dies in my heart, she keeps it alive in hers.
- I like to ... teach and encourage and exhort people to think about the world they live in in different ways than they are accustomed to thinking, especially as it relates to the realm of the spirit.
- I am most grateful for ... God's patience with me and the wonderful gifts He has so lovingly bestowed upon me.
- In my free time ... Don't have a lot of that! But, I’m a voracious and eclectic reader. I also love to travel and have several places on my bucket list, including Antarctica, Iceland, Chile, and New Zealand.
- I write best ... sequestered in my home office for hours at a time. When I sit down at the computer and immerse myself in whatever story I’m currently working on, time stands still for me. I can work for hours, non-stop, and it only seems like minutes have passed. It’s nothing short of magical.
- I am working on ... finishing thriller #6, titled Devil's Cauldron, a sequel to my recently released Infernal Gates , and starting thriller #7. Also, I’m researching two non-fiction works that complete a trilogy I started in 2007 with the first book, In the Cleft of the Rock.
- I have always wanted to …travel in time, fly deep into outer space and see the cosmos from outside of Earth's atmosphere, and climb both Mt. Kilimanjaro and the base camp of Everest.
Buy Now @ Amazon
Genre – Christian Thriller, Fantasy, Adventure
Rating – PG-13
More details about the author and the book
If Michael were a dinner guest I don't think conversation would ever lag...or if it did, it would be one of those companionable interludes. I appreciated the candidness of the answers.
Post a Comment