- Why do you write? Because I love to create worlds and characters, and I enjoy crafting it all into stories. The whole writing process stimulates both my right and left brains, which in my case are almost equally balanced. So, I find writing extremely and wholly satisfying.
- Have you always enjoyed writing? Actually, yes. When I was a kid, I would create (uh-oh, here comes my geek status) Star Trek cartoons, which entailed drawing space ships and people as well as writing the dialogue in those little speech balloons. My mom has a whole box of those silly things and even brought out a couple of them at my birthday party a couple of years ago to show people how my writing career started. Oy vey.
- What motivates you to write? So many things, really. But the biggest inspiration is the prospect of bringing joy and entertainment to other people’s lives. The author/reader connection is incredibly intimate, and it’s thrilling to share that with so many people. Then there’s the creative process of forming stories, inventing characters and bringing it all to life through fun writing, all of which gets me so excited that I can hardly wait to get to my study every morning. I know, in my heart, that it’s truly what I’m meant to do.
- What writing are you most proud of? Definitely my Jack Lazar Series, which will initially consist of 10 books, all of which I’ve already mapped out. After that, we’ll see what the fans want. People can check out the first six covers and storylines at my website: www.jacklazar.com.
- Tell us about your family. When it comes to family, I consider myself truly blessed. First and foremost, I married my beautiful soul mate, and my writing career would not be possible without her consultation, love and support. I also adore her entire family, and I have it on good authority that they like me, too! I have a fantastic son, whose life mission is to do his part to help the world, and my mother is a sweet, loving person to whom I am very close. My father was born and raised in Germany, but he met my mother in Amarillo, Texas when he was a high school exchange student. His father (my grandfather) was a senator in Germany before the Nazis took over; and once they did, he refused to cooperate with them. So he picked up the family and moved to a town called Kiel on the Baltic Sea where he worked with the underground against Hitler. There are streets and monuments all over Germany to honor him.
- How do you work through self-doubts and fear? That’s an easy answer – meditation. Fear and self-doubt are products of the ego, and they arise when we lose connection with our higher self. Meditation helps us regain that connection, and it opens up the paths to creativity, too! But I think it’s also important to point out here that indie publishing is HARD, and there are a hundred reasons to quit for every one reason to stick with it. But sticking with it, especially when things look bleak and discouraging is exactly what successful indie authors have done. If you’re a good writer creating books that people want to read, work with a crackerjack editor who helps you polish them in to solid works, and invest the requisite time and creativity on marketing, it’s just a matter of time (and a backlist of books) before you reach success.
- What makes you the happiest? My first thought is spending time with the people I love, which is absolutely true. But I must admit that the release day of each of my books was pretty darn fantastic. The amount of work to make that happen is huge, and there are so many times throughout the process when you just don’t think you’re going to make it, as any published author will tell you, so the feeling of accomplishment is just incredible.
"James Bond Meets Fifty Shades of Grey"
Immerse yourself in the world class novels that combine action, mystery & suspense with tantalizing and tastefully written erotica. You’ll find all your sensibilities roused at once with Kevin Sterling’s ultra-sexy, action-packed Jack Lazar Series.
In this fourth action-packed thriller, Jack travels to Denmark for a business venture, but what seems to be a textbook transaction turns into a nightmare after he gets involved with Katarina, a vivacious Danish girl who apparently lacks a moral compass, not to mention an off button. After naively believing their liaison was just a random encounter, Jack discovers she’s connected to his business deal, and there’s a dangerous political group with skin in the game, too.
Katarina makes a convincing case of being a victim, not part of the conspiracy, but can Jack really trust her?
The firestorm gets out of control as Jack digs deeper, unearths the convoluted plot behind it all, and discovers that innocent people are being heartlessly killed. He’s not only horrified by the reason why it’s happening, but how it’s being done, and there appears to be no way to stop it from occurring again.
Then the scheme’s real objective emerges, launching Jack into action with intelligence operatives to prevent it. But that’s not so easy with assassins on Jack’s tail, forcing him to struggle for survival while trying to prevent Katarina from getting caught in the crossfire.
Buy Now @ Amazon
Genre – Action, Mystery, Suspense
Rating – R
More details about the author