by Steena Holmes
- Get ready to invest: 3 laptops later, I wish I had bought a MacBook in the very beginning and discovered Scrivener. It has literally changed how I wrote and in a good way.
- Patience is a skill I would need to learn and fast.
- The way my beta partner writes might not work for me, and that’s okay.
- Find a good chiropractor and become their new best friend.
- Not everyone will be happy with your success. And by ‘not happy’ I mean jealous, rude and will tear you apart publicly. Don’t take it personal. Just smile and realize it has nothing to do with you and everything to do with them.
- Just because I wrote it doesn’t mean it should be published. That goes for my first, fifth and tenth book. Not every book needs to be published.
- Just face it – your family will not buy your book. And that’s okay. In fact, you should probably just forget about that all together.
- Suck it up and learn how to promote and market your books. Don’t rely on your publisher or friends to do it for you. And be prepared to be surprised at how much you like doing this. Yes, it will shock you.
- Not every idea is a great idea – but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try it first. Just be open to failing – fail forward – it’s the only way you’ll learn and grow as a writer and as a person.
- Get ready for your dreams to come true – because it will happen!
Buy Now @ Amazon
Genre – Women’s fiction
Rating – PG