Buy Now @ Amazon Kindle
Genre - Cooking
Rating - G
Connect with Bruno McGrath on Facebook
Brazil – Potato Salad (Page 9 of book)
1kg (2 lbs) sweet potatoes
27g (1 1/2 tablespoons) salt
85g (1 cup) drained and rinsed black beans
1/2 red onion, chopped
15g (1 tablespoon) freshly chopped coriander
110g (5 tablespoons) mayonnaise
30ml (2 tablespoons) olive oil
2.5g (1 teaspoon) Dijon mustard
7ml (1/2 tablespoon) Worcestershire sauce
30ml (2 tablespoons) red wine vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Clean sweet potatoes. Place in a large saucepan and cover with water. Add a pinch of salt and cover.
2. Bring to a gentle boil for 20 to 30 minutes or until tender. Drain and let stand until sweet potatoes are cool enough to touch.
3. Peel and cut into cubes. Place in a medium-sized bowl. Add black beans, onion, coriander and gently mix.
4. Whisk mayonnaise, olive oil, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar in a bowl and season to taste. Pour over warm sweet potato mixture and toss to coat.
5. Can be eaten straight away or covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Post a Comment